Sunday, January 15, 2017

Week Two

Week two was less of a banner week. I missed a few workouts and am trying not to beat myself up about it. I was good until Thursday and then worked all night Thursday and Friday night which meant I took Friday during the day off (planned) and then also took of Saturday (unplanned). I went out Saturday night and stayed up too late and didn't have a very productive Sunday. I did get a 1:15 bike in so that helped slightly but I missed two swims, the end of a brick, and bike workout. So, I am going to try to get back on track this week. I am a little disappointed in myself because I am only on week 2 but am trying to cut myself some slack and realize that life also gets in the way sometimes. Alex is out of town all week so I am hoping I can get my diet and workout schedule done well this week. I have to work Wednesday and Friday which always throws a wrench in my workouts/recovery but I will have to just gut it out for a few more weeks.

My legs felt heavy this past week and the runs I had to do were slow and difficult. I am not happy with it but I have to remind myself that this is only week 2 and I have taken a significant amount of time off and I am not going to be where I want to be right away. I need to refocus on my diet and prioritize rest and recovery for the next two weeks while I am still working. My schedule will have so much more structure once I am done with my job!


No comments:

Post a Comment